The MDDC Awards for Excellence in Biomedical Engineering Student Design & Innovation encourages and recognizes student innovators in technologies relating to medicine and health care, including medical devices, systems, software, apps and assistive technologies. Specifically, the MDDC’s goal with the awards is to encourage BC’s best and brightest young innovators in the field of medical technologies and biomedical engineering to pursue their innovations in a rewarding and fulfilling field and career.
A Selection Committee consisting of MDDC Board Members evaluates the submissions from individual students and student teams based on five criteria:
- Need being addressed in the project
- Level of student achievement in creating the innovation
- Uniqueness and originality
- Stage of development of the project
- Projected biomedical economic and social impacts